The following online and print resources may provide you with information on a variety of mental wellness topics including: relationships, anxiety, depression, trauma, parenting, trauma, mindfulness, etc.
Mental Health Support
National Alliance on Mental Health
Assisting individuals and families who are affected by mental illness.
National Eating Disorders Association
Support for individuals and families affected by eating disorders.
Anxiety and Depression Association of America
Provides awareness and support for those affected by anxiety and depressive disorders.
Online Carl Jung / Myers-Briggs Personality Test
This free test is based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality.
12 Step Programs
Alcoholics Anonymous – Arizona
Support, meeting information, and resources for those affected by alcoholism.
Alanon/ Alateen Arizona (Friends & Family of Alcoholics & Addicts)
Al-Anon/Alateen is a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics whose lives have been affected by a problem drinker. Alateen is a part of Al-Anon and is designed for the younger relatives and friends of alcoholics.
Information about the support group and its programs for compulsive gamblers.
Gam-Anon (Friends & Family of Compulsive Gamblers)
Fellowship of relatives and friends of compulsive gamblers whose lives have been affected by them.
Narcotics Anonymous Arizona
Support and meeting information for individuals and families whose lives have been affected by substance abuse/dependence.
Sex Addicts Anonymous
Support for individuals and families suffering from sex addiction.
- NOT “Just Friends”. Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity After Infidelity by Shirley P. Glass.
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary D Chapman
- Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson.
- Why Marriages Succeed or Fail: And How You Can Make Yours Last by John Gottman PhD
- The New Rules of Marriage by Terrance Real.
- After the Affair by Janis A. Springs.
- Too Good to Leave and Too Bad to Stay by Mira Kirshenbaum.
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Brain To Heal Stress, Pain and Illness by Jon Kabit-Zinn.
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabit-Zinn.
- Coming To Our Senses, Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness by Jon Kabit-Zinn.
- Emotional Alchemy by Tara Bennet-Goleman.
- The Mindful Brain by Dan Siegel, Ph.D.
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
- Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With The Heart of a Buddha by Tara Brach.
- The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation by Thich Nhat Hahn
Workbooks for Anxiety and Depression:
- Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life by Steven Hayes.
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety by John Forsyth and Georg Eifert
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Depression by Patricia Robinson and Kirk Strosahl
- Don’t Let Your Emotions Run Your Life: How Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Can Put You in Control by Scott Spradlin
- Prisoner of Another War by Marilyn Murray.
- 8 Keys To Safe Trauma Recovery: Take-Charge Strategies to Empower Your Healing by Babette Rothschild.
- Healing from Trauma by Jasmin Cori.
- It’s Not Your Fault KoKo Bear by Vicki Lansky and Jane Price.
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child-the Heart of Parenting by John Gottman, Ph.D.
- How To Talk to Your Children About Divorce by Allison Quattrocchi, Jill Jones-Soderman.
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Mary Hartzell, Daniel Siegel, Ph.D.
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas W. Phelan